Dell diagnostic lights 1-2 3
To “Fix Dell Error Code 1 2 3” is considered one of the most common problems that users encounter when starting the task with their Dell Laptop. The subject is pretty much self-explanatory about Dell Diagnostic Light 1 2 3 lights up no BEEPS, meaning when your Dell Laptop has three light labels on the front panel “1,” “2,” “3,” so you can’t boot the system, you can’t even get to the BIOS, so you can’t get to the front panel.
The potential cause of this error includes the power supply issue of the power button, motherboard issue, hard disk issue, or battery issue, etc. So if you have the same problem with your Dell laptop or Dell Optiplex 320/Dell Optiplex 740/Dell XPS 420, you don’t have to worry about it. It is vital for you to understand the reason for the Dell Error Code 1, 2, 3 and what steps you should take to resolve the error with your Dell Laptop can get you back on track. Then here the blog solutions below will guide you to get rid of this issue in the right way. Or you can use easy online help to connect with Dell Customer Support Team to connect with skilled professionals to solve this problem.
Steps to Fix Dell Error 1 2 3 Optiplex Diagnostic Lights
Solution 1:- Check Power Supply Button
You may have a problem that you have the error when the Dell Laptop is “cold,” and the hardware error is not present as it “warms up.” This might be because the power supply does not provide the proper voltage / wattage cold, or it might be components. The first thing you should try is to replace a power supply, as it is the easiest way to determine if this is the issue.
All devices except the mobo and GPU (if applicable) can also be unplugged and a cold boot tried. It may be the computer’s mobo / CPU–the most difficult thing to do is to replace the mobo, and you may also have to replace the CPU.
Solution 2:- Starting the Dell Diagnostics From Your Hard Drive
- Turn on (or restart) your computer.
- When the DELL logo appears, press “F12” key immediately.
- Note: – If you see a message stating that no diagnostics utility partition has been found, run the Dell Diagnostics from your “Drivers and Utilities” media
- If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Microsoft Windows desktop. Then shut down your computer and try again.
- When the boot device list appears, highlight “Boot to Utility Partition” and then press “Enter” key.
- When the Dell Diagnostics “Main Menu” appears, select the test that you want to run.
Solution 3:- Starting the Dell Diagnostics From the Drivers and Utilities Disc
- Insert the Drivers and Utility disc.
- Shut down and restart the computer.
- When the DELL logo appears, press “F12” immediately.
Continue waiting until you see the Windows desktop if you wait too long and the Windows logo appears. Then your computer is shut down and try again.
Note:-The next steps will only change the sequence of the boot once. The computer boots in accordance with the devices specified in the system setup program at the next startup.
- Once the boot device list appears, highlight “Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive” and press “Enter” key
- Then select the “Boot from CD-ROM” option from the menu that appears and press “Enter” key
- Next, type 1 to start the menu and “Enter” key to proceed.
- Then select “Run the 32 Bit Dell Diagnostics” from the numbered list. If multiple versions are listed, select the version appropriate for your computer.
- When the Dell Diagnostics “Main Menu” appears, select the test you want to run.
Solution 4:-Checked RAM
Dell error code 123 often occurs due to RAM configuration. Then you’re supposed to check RAM Setting, which means you’re sitting properly or not. Inspect a bent pin or any other object that blocks the ram on the ram slot. Also, make sure it is compatible with your system that you have RAM.
If it’s ok then there is no problem with your RAM.
You should restart your Dell Laptop, and then try to perform the task, hopefully the error is resolved, after perfuming the solutions.
Still, if you are facing the same issue, then you need to call at our Dell technical support number to get instant assistance.
Resolve Your Dell Issues: Dial Dell Customer Support Number +1-844-200-2814 :-
Dell XPS Support Phone Number +1-844-200-2814 is free of charge and available for your assistance 247 days a week. By dialing the number you can connect with our well-qualified and skilled technical experts team, who will give you amazing guidance to solve this problem. You can also get the quick, easy and finest solutions to solve all your queries related to Dell Laptop. Therefore, call experts now and get immediate help for problems with Dell’s laptop.