You are working on your Dell Laptop and you have Dell Error Code 1000-0146 all of a sudden. Don’t be worried! Excellent solutions can be easily obtained to quickly fix Dell Error Code 1000-0146 to easily overcome this problem. DellDst Short Test Error Code 1000-0146 error message usually occurs due to problems with Dell’s laptop or some window or computer problems. Here are the possible causes that surely indicate this error, including damaged file windows system files or corrupted system file entries, or incomplete computer installation process, incomplete uninstallation, unsuccessful deletion of apps or hardware.
Even an inappropriate computer shutdown can occur due to virus or adware / spyware attack. Therefore, to solve the problem easily, you just need to follow the solutions defined below. You can also capture the comprehensive information or guide to this error from the experienced DELL Customer Support team, available 24 hours a day at the DELL Technical Support Number.
Steps to Fix Error Code 1000-0146:-
Solution 1:- Check Hard Disk
First, check your hard drive, it’s working properly. If the hard drive fails. Then this is a dangerous operation on a failed drive, be sure you have nothing to lose on the drive before you try it. Otherwise, the drive will be removed, mounted in an external case and attached by USB and BACK UP to a working system before going further.
Note: – You can try booting from the installation disk and repairing the operating system. This is not going to lose your data. If you reinstall an OS, you’ll lose it all.
Solution 2:- Run a Hard Drive Diagnostic Test
To confirm this, you should try to run a computer-based hard drive diagnostic test. You should have a Dell Utility Partition if you haven’t changed the original disk setup. To make a diagnosis and perform this task, you can follow these steps:-
- First of all, reboot your system. When you will see the Dell logo, then you will need to hit “F12” key to enter the boot menu.
- Then choose “Boot to utility partition” option.
- Now choose “Test System” option and then “Custom Test”.
- Then you will need to use the arrow keys or mouse to choose your CD/DVD drive.
- Now, insert a CD or DVD on your laptop again.
- Then hit on the “Run Tests”.
- After this, if any, error messages appear, so write down the name of that error message.
- Or if not any error a message comes, then this solution hoping that would fix the error Code 2000-0151.
If not, then go to the next solution.
Solution 3:- Perform System Recovery Options
To solve the problem quickly by the following way, you should try to perform System Recovery Options.
- First, you will need to try to restart your computer system by inserting the installation disc.
- Then select your “language settings”, and then hit on “Next” button.
- On the “System Recovery Options” menu, you will need to hit on the “Command Prompt”.
- Then type the following command at the command prompt and then enter “chkdsk /f /r X:( drive letter). Then press “ENTER”.
- Next, press “Y” when you are prompted to verify the disk the next time that the system restarts.
- Now restart your computer system, and check the resolved.
If not resolved, then go to next solution.
Related Blog:- How to Fix Dell Error Code 2000-0511?
Solution 4:-Scan the Computer with Reimage Repair Tool
It is highly recommended that you scan your Dell computer with Reimage Repair Tool to get rid of your problem effectively.
Follow the given steps in an exact manner to do this in an efficient manner.
- First, you have to download Repair Tool like “Reimage Repair Tool” or you can prefer other as per your needs on your Lenovo Laptop.
- After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. “User Account Control” will prompt if you want to run the program, click “Yes” option to continue.
- Then it will initially launch the program, and display a welcome screen. Leave the checkbox unticked to allow the repair tool to start an automatic scan and click Install to start the installation procedure.
- Next, the software installs itself on your computer. The tool will download necessary updates so an Internet connection is required at this point.
- After then the software tool will automatically start a preliminary scan of your machine to help determine the health of your PC.
- Once the scan is complete the tool will tell you which areas of your PC are damaged and if a repair is necessary. If it is, click on the “Start Repair” button in the bottom right corner.
- Reimage has finished its repair your computer should be fixed. Now you may need to restart your computer to complete the process.
I hope your issue is fixed.
In case, if the error still persists, then you may need to contact Dell support team to help.
Contact at Dell Helpline Number
+1-855-958-0766 To Receive Instant Help:-
At Dell Customer Support Number +1-855-626-0142 you can call to Fix Dell Error Code 1000-0146 for instant replies and help at any time and urgently. This number is a toll-free and 247 available for your online guidance and support. A team of talented and dedicated customer support experts will provide you with the best solution and reliable solutions within a few minutes to solve Dell technical problems or errors. Therefore, call experts now to get help & support for Dell queries quickly.