We are usually acquainted with a touch screen for a smartphone or tablet. But some Dell laptops also provide touch screen facilities in this modern technological era. The most frequent use of a keyboard and mouse to enter something is, though, not comfortable with the notion of a contact screen. You need to know How to turn off touch screen on Dell laptop if you are uncomfortable or are faced with problems with the touchscreen of your Dell device. Unfortunately, this touch screen cannot be switched off on a laptop by any third-party software. Therefore, if you don’t know how to disable Dell laptop touchscreen, then go through this article.
Reasons to Disable the Touch Screen on your Dell Laptop
While the touch screen gives the user some added benefit, you may sometimes encounter problems. You then have to uncheck and use the input mouse and keyboard. Let us examine some likely causes that can cause the touch screen to disable:
- Drivers outdated often cause the problem of touchscreen. You must then turn it off as quickly as possible.
- The touch screen sometimes reacts slowly. Some inputs take a long time to show up. You must disable this touch screen if you want to experience hazardous typing.
- For many of us, the keyboard and mouse are convenient as the output device. So, if you are ready to use these two as your output device, the touch screen must first be disabled.
- The battery life drains the touchscreen more quickly. So you must disable the touch screen if you want to save battery life.
Effective Steps to Turn Off Touch Screen on Dell Laptop
No Built-in switch is available to disable the touch screen. So, don’t panic if you don’t know how to do this. Just perform these steps one by one which we mention below.
For Windows 10/8.1 User
Step 1: Open the Device Manager
- To open the Run box, press the keyboard’s Windows key and R key combination.
- Enter the Enter key by typing ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run box.
- The device manager will be invoked.
Step 2: Find the Touch Screen Device
- Find ‘Human Interface Devices’ Search.
- To extend this category, click on it.
- You find ‘Touchscreen compliant with HID’ under this option.
Step 3: Disable the Touch Screen
- Choose this specific touch screen.
- The Context menu is available.
- Select under it the option ‘Disable device.’
- Click YES to switch off the touch screen to confirm this.
Step 4: If you Want to Enable the Touch Screen Again
If you want to use this touch screen again, just follow these instructions below:
- Restart the Device Manager.
- Choose the ‘ HID-compliant touch screen,’ as previously mentioned.
- Select ‘Enable Device’ and click on this.
- It helps you to re-activate your touch screen.
For Windows 8 User
Click Windows + Q on the keyboard simultaneously.
Then type on the search box ‘Control Panel.’
The ‘Hardware and Sound’ option is now available. Click it. Click it.
Select the option ‘Pen & Touch.’
Choose the Touch tab now.
Disable “Use your finger to enter,” to disable the touch screen.
Related Blog:- How to Solve Dell Error Code 2000-0142?
Get Online Tech Support for Dell Issues At Single Call Dell Customer Support Service:-
You can dial Dell Customer Care Support Number +1-844-200-2814 to instantly connect with our proficient Dell customer support experts and get best solution For ‘how to turn off touch screen on Dell laptop’ and other technical troubles. Our number is available 24×7/365 days through the year for help, as we are the reliable and trustworthy Dell customer support providers and deliver the users immediate help & guidance to their Dell laptop related technical issues. With the help of our experienced and certified technical support experts, you can fix this error or other kinds of Dell issues efficiently within a few minutes. Hence, call us now for getting urgent help & guidance for Dell problems.